Plan, prepare and practice these simple tips that can help make leaving your home quicker, easier and safer in the event of a wildfire.
Plan, Prepare and Practice Before a Wildfire Occurs
- Make sure you have signed up to receive local emergency alerts and warnings on your cell phone and other devices
- Plan a primary evacuation route away from your home, and also alternative routes in case your first route is threatened by wildfire
- Make sure your designated contact knows your plan and to communicate with you to know you are safe
- Know evacuation plans for locations where household members regularly are like workplaces, schools or home
- Make sure you have your Emergency Go Bag packed
- Back vehicles into your garage or an open space facing the direction of escape
- Keep the gas tank in vehicles at least half full
- Keep a cell phone charger in your car
Evacuate As Soon As Possible
A Short Delay to Prepare Home
May Be Okay
Leave If You Feel Unsafe
There is a wildfire in your area that may require you to evacuate in the near future. You should be prepared to leave at a moment's notice. If you feel you are in danger and want to leave, do so. If you need additional time to evacuate, you should consider leaving now. If you need to arrange for transportation assistance, do so immediately. If you have livestock or other large animals, you should consider removing them from your area now.
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
Leave Now !
Do NOT Delay to Gather Belongings
or Prepare Your Home.
There is a wildfire in your area and you have been ordered to evacuate immediately. If you need assistance evacuating yourself or animals, call 911. You will be provided the safest escape routes known, so make sure you follow the instructions as other routes may be closed or impassable. You will also be told where an evacuation point has been established to provide information and safe place if you have nowhere else to go. Do not delay -evacuation means you need to leave immediately !
Wildfire Evacuation Checklist
Print Out and Keep in Handy Place
ON YOUR PERSON
PETS & ANIMALS
IF YOUR POWER IS OUT AND YOUR CARS ARE STUCK IN GARAGE
WHEN YOU LEAVE